-
February 13th, 2004, 02:11 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Thanks to a tip from werewolfoz, i threw Wolvie in the freezer with taped up claws for a couple days.
Worked at first, but it seems as though he's begining to thaw. But I could have two possible downfalls.
1. I didnt have any masking tape, so I used some electrical tape instead. So it might have been to think/insulated to work properly.
2. I may have also taken him out too early. werewolfoz said a couple of days, so i just left him in there for 3... i thought i might have been releasing him too soon, but ah well...
In anycase, it certainly looks better than it did before. But so far, its slowly turning back into what it was...
Also, I got another fig I'm testing it out on:
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQA2A*oUIuJ3n1WKw6ZfRxNtvoElZN5ZTPYRraoxPQWfIp4XR *MrvwSClLRswkKch1XOQlTKV5GF1wH0oCFFMIbhimJ6zj5P3WF 8eFVopJw/dbgash2a.jpg?dc=4675459581522040022[/img]
Trying it out on this guys helmet anntenae. Wrapped them a bit looser too. So we'll see what happens... (on Teusday?)
-
February 13th, 2004, 02:28 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Well.........electrical tape should work the same. The tape's purpose is only to secure the claws in a certain position, so, you could really use anything........
...but, shit, here's something else I just remembered about what I did......
I got him just a little while before moving into my new house, and instead of giving all my figures to a mover to haul over, I just boxed them all and stored them at my Uncle's place. When packing away all my Marvel Legends, I didn't want his claws to get bent, so.........I left the tape on, holding that same position...
......which means my Wolverine actually had that tape holding his claws in place for a few months after his stay in the freezer [img]confused.gif[/img]
-
February 13th, 2004, 02:35 AM
#3
Inactive Member
ah, months out of the freezer too... that makes sense... now i gotta decide whether i should try it, or live with it. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
<font color="#dedfdf" size="1">[ February 12, 2004 10:36 PM: Message edited by: UrashimaNick ]</font>
-
February 13th, 2004, 02:51 AM
#4
Inactive Member
replce the claws with metal ones. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
February 13th, 2004, 02:53 AM
#5
Inactive Member
i'm lazy... too much work... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
what did you use for yours?
-
February 13th, 2004, 02:56 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Sewing needles. Looks pretty good too. I remember someone said they used paper clips too.
-
February 13th, 2004, 03:01 AM
#7
Inactive Member
yeah, i tried using paper clips once, but couldnt straighten them out decent enough...
i may have to give the sewing needles thing a shot
thanks!
-
February 13th, 2004, 03:03 AM
#8
Inactive Member
No prob, be careful they're sharp! [img]wink.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks